Review: The Long Road Cafe

I love coffee. I don't think a day goes by where I don't have a daily caffeine dose. Basically, I am 100% caffeine addicted. So I was quite excited when I realised there was a new cafe that had recently opened, quite close to where I live. Huzzah, soy lattes whenever I want (in between waking hours though..) 



So the Low Road Cafe has a eclectic, Hawaiian-tiki vibe to it, from it's bright pink palm trees to bamboo furniture (I asked my boyfriend if we could have a pink palm tree in our place, he unfortunately vetoed the idea. He's no fun).  

The food, to put it simply, is amazing. The menu may be small, but whats on it of high quality. They also have some delicious looking sweets and sandwiches in the cabinet, which I am looking forward to trying at a later date. 

So I am an idiot, and had something to eat before we went there and yes, I did regret it. But I had the toast, and boy, it was some delicious toast. Crunchy, sourdough bread, toasted to perfection, smothered in butter with your own choice of condiments on the side (gosh I promise my food reviews will get better from here. Who reviews a cafe based on it's toast? But I promise you, this was really, really good toast).  

I wish I was more hungry because my boyfriend ordered the beans on toast. And yes, being a good (read: greedy) girlfriend, I tried some of his. It was freaking delicious! 

Piles of spicy beans, fresh avocado topped with sour cream, all piled on sourdough. Y.U.M.

Spicy bean goodness

And of course, the coffee was excellent. 

The staff were very friendly, cheerful and stylish (yes, call me superficial, but I can appreciate well-dressed wait staff when I see them!) 

This place gets 5/5 flamingo pink palm trees from me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment